I have known Dr. Haggai for over 50 years. He was like a second father to me. In 1978, Dr. Haggai offered the eulogy at the funeral of my Dad, Cecil B. Day. Dad died at the age of 44. I was 17. Dr. Haggai was describing Dad as a man of great faith. He then quoted Hebrews 11:4: “By faith he still speaks even though he is dead.”, the text that speaks of Abels faith and legacy. Today, Dr. Haggai still speaks even though he is no longer physically present. The wisdom that he offered over these last 50 years is worth sharing. We are all familiar with his famous quote, “Attempt something so great for God that it is doomed to failure unless God be in it.” Here are a few of the other Dr. Haggai quotes that you may find inspiring…
– “My desire is to challenge people, whose capacity I perceive to be far greater than they have evaluated, to move up to the level of their maximum potential for God and for world change.”
– “Your net worth is what you give away.”
– “Invest in things that have 1. permanence(eternal value) and 2. a built-in multiplier
– “Pray that we would become everything we wish we were when we stand before thee.”
– “Intellectual horsepower has replaced our moral brakes.”
– “Some people don’t know the Trinity from 3rd base.”
– “The message never changes, but the methods must.”
– “Nothing will ever be accomplished if all possible obstacles have to be resolved.”
– “If we fall down, we will fall down on the front of our face and not the back of our head.”
– “We have more defense of Christianity today and not enough proclamation of its power.”
– “No man is entitled to any opinion on any moral or spiritual question where God has spoken.”
– “The majority is usually wrong. Find the minority who do things right and invest in them.”
I hope that you will find his words encouraging as you follow Christ and lead others.
To God be the glory!